ws-users mailing list archives

From Indra Syafruddin <indra_syafrud...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: shutdown webserver
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:33:46 GMT
I can stop and start my webserver immediately using
server.start() and server.shutdown(). I think my
problem is I haven't stop listening on that port, but
my application have already stopped.

For a while, I will use Mr.Taft idea about stopping
all java and javaw prosess if it happens again. I hope
that works.

--- John Wilson <tug@wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2005, at 18:06, Indra Syafruddin wrote:
>
> > I have run a xmlrpc webserver. for some reason
> it's
> > quitting. When I try to start it again, it shows
> error
> > :
> > java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
> > JVM_Bind
> >
> > my question is: how to stop this webserver?? (pls
> > don't tell me the only way is to restart my
> computer).
> >

> When you stop listening on a port you can't
> immediately reopen the
> port. The operating system will prevent you from
> reopening the port
> for a short period of time. The time will vary from
> operating system
> to operating system. Typically it's a couple of
> minutes. So you will
> have to wait a short time before restarting your web
> server.
>

> John Wilson
> The Wilson Partnership
> http://www.wilson.co.uk