ws-users mailing list archives

From Indra Syafruddin <indra_syafrud...@yahoo.com>
Subject vector inside vector
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:32:18 GMT
I am trying to send vector request. I want to receive another vector inside vector. both outside
and inside vector' components are all String.

My problem is... I can send request. It come to webserver well. But I can't get the response
here

parameters = new Vector();
   parameters.addElement(fansMember);
   parameters = FansVectorConvert.Convert(parameters);
   System.out.println(client.execute("request.register",parameters));

here's the response class:
public Vector register(String name,String ip, String bandwidth, Vector media) {
  System.out.println("get new comer from " + ip);
  System.out.println("with media : " + media);
  Vector mediaData = new Vector();
  ListMember.addMember(name,ip,bandwidth,FansVectorConvert.getMedia(media));
  System.out.println(FansVectorConvert.Convert(ListMember.getAllMember()));
  return FansVectorConvert.Convert(ListMember.getAllMember());

FansVectorConvert is a static class to convert my objects in vector (and the vector inside
it) into String component, and vice versa. I use this because I don't know how to create handler
for my object.

the result from  :
System.out.println(client.execute("request.register",parameters));
is

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

Does anyone know how to solve it? thanks anyway