ws-users mailing list archives

From d...@areujoking.com
Subject XMLRPC SSL implementation details
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:43:37 GMT

Hi all,

I am working with XMLRPC and SSL. I have the server under control, however
my I need to be able to create a client that is able the use an SSL
transport as well as participate (successfully) in mutual client
authentication.

I've had a good look around the javadocs and the source and it seems that
I need to setup the DefaultXmlRpcTransportFactory to do SSL using
SecurityTool. But unfortunately it gets more complex than that (sorry).

Security tool sets System properties, my client will be embedded in other
people's applications that do their own SSL transactions and so setting
the properties system wide is going to stop their applications from
running. So that approach isn't going to work.

I had the same problem a while ago with Axis and I ended up writing a full
SecureSocketFactory to get around the problem. My question is, do I need
to do a similar thing here, if so, what is the best approach, and if not,
is there a better way?

Thanks for your help,
Deakin