ws-users mailing list archives

From "LANTRES Franck" <Franck.LANT...@fr.renault-sport-f1.com>
Subject Asynchronous call
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:23:41 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm sorry if this problem has already been solved but I didn't find
answers about it.
So here is my problem : I'm testing XUL and I would like to use XML-RPC
in it. I wrote a basic JavaScript function which calls XML-RPC but an
exception is raised as soon as my servlet returns a result :
Component returned failure code : 0x80470002 (NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED)
[nsIScriptableInputStream.available]

Reading this error, I understand that the connection is closed and the
client cannot read the input stream. Does the problem comes from the
servlet, from the JavaScript ? Where can I find documentation about this
error ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Franck.

Find attached the Servlet.java file.
Here is the JavaScript functions I wrote/use :

function getClient()
{
	return Components.classes['@mozilla.org/xml-rpc/client;1']
	.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIXmlRpcClient);
}

var xmlRpcClient;
function getXmlRpc()
{
	if (!xmlRpcClient) {
		xmlRpcClient = getClient();
	}

	return xmlRpcClient;
}

function parseResult(result)
{
	alert(result);
}

var xmlRpcListener = {
	onResult: function(client, ctxt, result) {
		//var tde =
result.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsISupportsCString);
		parseResult(result);
	},
	onFault: function(client, ctxt, result) {
 		alert("Fault! " + fault + ">\n");
 	},
	onError: function(client, ctxt, status, errorMsg) {
		alert("Error! <(" + status.toString(16) + ") " +
errorMsg + ">\n");
	}
};

function xmlrpc_call()
{
	[...]

	var ref_rpc = xmlrpc.createType(xmlrpc.STRING, {});
	ref_rpc.data = ref;
	var profile_rpc = xmlrpc.createType(xmlrpc.STRING, {});
	profile_rpc.data = profile;
	xmlrpc.asyncCall(xmlRpcListener, null, "sap.tableauExperts",
[ref_rpc, profile_rpc], 2); }