ws-users mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@hydroblaster.com>
Subject Re: shutdown webserver
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:20:12 GMT

The problem with the message "java.net.BindException: Address already in
use" is that you already have your xmlrpc server running on that port.

If you're using an IDE, and your webserver didn't shutdown properly,
then it's real easy to try and launch another xmlrpc server instance.
There may be no indication that the original xmlrpc webserver is still
running.

You should try your task / process manager (using windows,
ctrl-alt-delete, choose Task Manager, and Processes.  Shutdown your IDE
first, then look for any remaining java or javaw processes.  Kill these.
  Likely it'll fix your problem.

Or, reboot your computer.  ;)