ws-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dev activity
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:28:04 GMT
Mayer, Daniel S wrote:

> I am scared to ask but after going through the bug tracking for this project
 > (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLRPC), there seems to be many
unresolved
 > bugs, some of which have solutions or patches on the web, but don't
seem to be
 > resolved on the tracking system. So is the development of this
project still
 > active? Is it safe to rely on XML RPC for software that should run
24/7 with
 > a reboot about once every 2 weeks? Has everyone doing this sort of
thing moved
 > to soap and JAX-rpc? The amount of open bug fixes has just made me a
little
 > nervous, and I haven't been following xml-rpc very long. The user
list still
 > seems to be very active, but is the development?

The project has added three developers recently and finally published
version 2. So, yes, the project is alive, and possibly more so, than it
has been in the last two years.

As for the bug list: Most of these bugs are indeed very old - and that's
exactly why they aren't being handled. In fact, when I went through the
bug list the last time, then I found that almost all bug reports are
against 1.2, which is no longer actively supported, at least not by me
and most other developers.

As for the 24/7 thing: This is an open source project. If you like it,
try it. If it is sufficient for you to know, that others use it that
way: Try it. If you do believe in your own abilities to handle problems:
Try it. If none of the above, then you will possibly do better with
something different.

As for the SOAP and JAX-RPC question: I do not understand what you are
asking here.

Sorry,

Jochen