ws-users mailing list archives

From Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoel...@ebootis.de>
Subject RE: random connection refusal
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:04:15 GMT

to avoid exceptions like 'java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect'.
this left me with only 17614 threads started during 30 minutes of runtime.

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayer, Daniel S [mailto:DSMayer@impactsci.com]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 10:48 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: random connection refusal

	I have a server that is dealing with many connections and many calls... It seems that after
running awhile a client gets random java.net.socketexception connection refused: connect

	So when I have threads for all of the handlers and the server is running at less than 2%
cpu, and as I understand it running its own thread pool for connections made to the socket,
why would a connection ever be refused? If am sending many requests very fast, should I be
initializing the thread pool to something different than the default for the xml rpc server?
I have certain xml rpc messages that are critical and I really want to guarantee the message
is sent / received. Currently the server handles other messages after this just fine and keeps
handling other requests quite fast, just randomly refuses a few connections here and there?
Ideas? Thoughts? Explanations? I am all wrong about everything in the entire universe? Don't
use XML RPC for critical messages? Don't wear white after labor day?

	Anyways any help would be appreciated, besides that xml RPC seems to be really great.

	Thanks in advance...

	Peace,
	Dan "xml rpc for p2p is fun for me" Man