ws-users mailing list archives

From David Oppenheimer <david...@gmail.com>
Subject XmlRpcClient execute for vector of string parameters produces incorrect XML on the wire?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:07:08 GMT
Hi. When I do the following

XmlRpcClient xmlrpc = new XmlRpcClient("...");
Vector params = new Vector();
params.add(new String("hello"));
xmlrpc.execute("function_name", params);

I notice that what goes out over the wire is

instead of

Note that if I replace "new String("hello"))" with "new Integer(5)" in
the above, then I get the correct text on the wire, namely

Does anyone know why the <string> tag is being dropped? This might
work if you're using the Apache XMLRPC server, but I'm using a
different server and it is rejecting this formatting since it is
expecting a string argument.

Thanks very much for any suggestions,
David