ws-users mailing list archives

From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: time zones
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:37:11 GMT
On 16 Sep 2005, at 15:56, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> I have made a few changes that work for me at present to deal with
>> the problem of Time Zones in
>> xmlrpc. As I don't know this library inside out, you may consider the
>> changes to be a little
>> patchy, but then this is the aPatchy project, so...
>>

> I understand, that your patch does *not* change the output format?

Correct. It should just allow you to specify what time zone the dates
are
in and so when serialising to xml give the serialisation for that
time zone.
I have found this very useful in BlogEd. In fact BlogEd would not
work without
it. The Roller server on the other side also uses this library I
think. They
don't have the patch and don't notice any problem.

> If so, I'd accept it for the 2.0 branch and the HEAD.

Thanks :-)

I am sure some refactoring could be done on it, so that it fits in
better with your architectural goals.

Henry