ws-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Guy" <p...@vrcis.com>
Subject RE: Built in client and server not working
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:42:10 GMT
You have to get a couple of commons jar files and include them in your
classpath.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/

Here's my classpath:
CLASSPATH=axis.jar;jaxrpc.jar;commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;commons-discovery-0.
2.jar;wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar;saaj.jar;xml-apis.jar;xercesImpl.jar

hth,

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Aram Melkoumian [mailto:aram@umail.ucsb.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:34 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Built in client and server not working

I am trying to run the built in org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer and
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient to test if it is working. I run it with the
arguments given on http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/client.html. I get the
following error when I try to execute the client:

org/apache/commons/codec/DecoderException
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpc.createTypeFactory(XmlRpc.java:238)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpc.<init>(XmlRpc.java:193)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.<init>(XmlRpcClientRe
sponseProcessor.java:48)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.<init>(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:4
3)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.getWorker(XmlRpcClient.java:347)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:190)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:184)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:177)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.main(XmlRpcClient.java:473)

I am running java 1.5.02.

-Aram