ws-users mailing list archives

From John Luxford <...@simian.ca>
Subject Re: WebServer class, threads/processes
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:57:31 GMT
Hi Adam,

That makes sense.  I'll see what I can find out about the JVM on our
one system.

I do have another strange occurrence on another newer server which is
happening to our XMLRPC daemon.  Hopefully it's more relevant to this
list.
Our new server is a Fedora Core 2 machine running the Java Hotspot VM
version 1.5.0_04.  What's happening is that our XMLRPC daemon which
uses the WebServer class is running fine for a while then suddenly
stops accepting new connections.  It's still running, but no longer
responding to requests.

I've checked that it's not resulting from an infinite loop in one of
the methods that's being called, and it doesn't seem to be, and this
problem is new to us since switching to the new server.

My other main test machine is an OSX 10.4 desktop with Java 1.4.2_09,
and I haven't been able to reproduce the issue here.  We also have
other clients using Java 1.3 through 1.5 elsewhere without issues.

Thanks again,

Lux

--

John Luxford