ws-users mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@hydroblaster.com>
Subject Re: WebServer class, threads/processes
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:22:28 GMT
John,

It might have something to do with either a) your JVM or b) the
operating system on the machine in question, or possibly the combination
of the two.

I'd just check to make sure you've got a good JVM installed, the latest
version, etc.  I'm not aware of any command line switches or anything to
the JVM which, for example, forces it to use threads instead of seperate
processes.

Your question was probably not answered on this mailing list mostly
because it sounds more like a JVM related question, not an XMLRPC
library related question.

As far as the WebServer class, it only uses threads for connection
requests.  There's no choices otherwise, at least that I'm aware of.
The point is though, that the JVM is likely turning these threads into
separate processes, maybe because of lack of threading support in the
operating system kernel itself.

Adam