ws-users mailing list archives

From "Yixing Ma" <Yixing...@interfacemgmt.net>
Subject <i4> and array type question,please help
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:35:19 GMT

Hi,

As I'm starting to use apache's XML-RPC java api, I found couple of questions.

1)  The standard XML-RPC spec defines the array type as something like:
<array>
  <data>
    <value><i4>1404</i4></value>
  </data>
</array>
But I was unable to put <i4> into the array by using java Vector. I could only put <int></int>
instead of <i4>. Also the <string></string> tag in red is missing.  The
blank space was replaced by "&#32;" in the generated XML.

My code is:
**********************************
Vector v=new Vector();        *
v.add(new Integer("1404")); *
v.add("Something Here");    *
**********************************
 The result XML is
<array>
  <data>
    <value>Something&#32;Here</value>
  </data>
</array>

Is there a way to produce the exact same XML as XML-RPC defined by using apache's api?

2) If I want to generate
<array>
  <data>
    <value><i4>001404</i4></value>
  </data>
</array>

as I want to preserve the zero before 1404. What should I do?

Best regards,
Yixing Ma