ws-users mailing list archives

From "Yixing Ma" <Yixing...@interfacemgmt.net>
Subject Re: <i4> and array type question,please help
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:26:26 GMT
Thanks a lot.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Karnes, Derek
  To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:29 AM
  Subject: RE: <i4> and array type question,please help

  1. According to the spec, if no type is indicated, the type is string.  <int> and
<i4> fields appear to be handled the same and subject to the same rules, so changing
the tag from int to i4 shouldn't affect any compliant parser.

  &#32; is the space character, so the generated XML is compliant to the spec and would
be interpreted correctly by a compliant client. I know of no way to make the generated xml
display exactly as you described without hacking apache's code.

  2. The spec has been updated to state that int fields collapse leading zeros in int values.
To keep the leading zeros you'd have to store it as another type, for example string or base64

  Hope this helps,
  Derek