ws-users mailing list archives

From konnipati murali <munnu_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:18:58 GMT
Hi Everybody,

                I am new to this XML-RPC programing. Recently i developed one program  using
the in-built server in the XML-RPC package. When i start my  server, it is giving me the error...

  [gypse@santosh src]$ telnet 0 8080
  Trying 0.0.0.0...

  When i try to run my client program it is giving the follwoing error...

  Avoiding obscuring previous error by supressing error encountered while  ending request:
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Exception  closing URLConnection
  Connection refused

  ==============

  My Server Code is :

          System.out.println("Attempting to start XML-RPC Server : ");
          WebServer server = new WebServer(args);

          System.out.println("Server started successfully");

          server.addHandler("area", new AreaHandler());
          System.out.println("Registered AreaHandler class to area ");

          System.out.println("Now accepting request. (Half program to stop.)");

  ============

  My Client code is :

  ============

               XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:8080/");

              Vector params = new Vector();
              params.addElement(new Double(radius));

              Object result = client.execute("area.circleArea",params);

              String resultStr = result.toString();
              double area = Double.parseDouble(resultStr);
              return area;

  Can any body tell me, why i was getting the above error...I didn't  understand one thing,
why the in-built server in xml-rpc packge is not  opening the port connection.

  Thanking you in advance,

  Murali.K