ws-users mailing list archives

From konnipati murali <munnu_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:31:23 GMT
Hi Andreas,

            Thanks for ur  reply. I put server.start() in my code. Now it is working fine.

  Thanking you again,

  Murali.K

Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoelver@ebootis.de> wrote:Nachricht          Hi   Murali

  You   crated the WebServer, but not started it!
  server.start() should do the trick for   you.

  Andreas

    -----Original Message-----
From: konnipati murali     [mailto:munnu_k_mm@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005     11:19 AM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Unable to     connect to remote host: Connection refused

    Hi     Everybody,

                 I am new to this XML-RPC programing. Recently i developed one program using
    the in-built server in the XML-RPC package. When i start my server, it is     giving me
the error...

[gypse@santosh src]$ telnet 0 8080
Trying     0.0.0.0...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection     refused

When i try to run my client program it is giving the     follwoing error...

Avoiding obscuring previous error by supressing     error encountered while ending request:
    org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Exception closing     URLConnection
Connection refused

==============

My Server     Code is :

            System.out.println("Attempting to start XML-RPC Server :     ");
        WebServer server = new     WebServer(args);
            System.out.println("Server started     successfully");

            server.addHandler("area", new     AreaHandler());
            System.out.println("Registered AreaHandler class to area     ");

        System.out.println("Now     accepting request. (Half program to stop.)");

============

My     Client code is     :

============

                XmlRpcClient client = new     XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:8080/");

                Vector params = new     Vector();
                params.addElement(new     Double(radius));

                Object result =     client.execute("area.circleArea",params);

                String resultStr =     result.toString();
                double area =     Double.parseDouble(resultStr);
                return area;

Can any body tell me, why i was getting the above     error...I didn't understand one thing,
why the in-built server in xml-rpc     packge is not opening the port connection.

Thanking you in     advance,

Murali.K

    Yahoo!     Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it   free.

 Yahoo! Personals