ws-users mailing list archives

From konnipati murali <munnu_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:38:01 GMT
Hi Everybody,

                I want to stop the server after it serves some fixed number of  requests.
Is it possible to develop such type of program.

  Can any body help me in this regard,

  Thanking you in advance,

  Murali.K

Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoelver@ebootis.de> wrote:Nachricht          Hi   Murali

  You   crated the WebServer, but not started it!
  server.start() should do the trick for   you.

  Andreas

    -----Original Message-----
From: konnipati murali     [mailto:munnu_k_mm@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005     11:19 AM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Unable to     connect to remote host: Connection refused

    Hi     Everybody,

                 I am new to this XML-RPC programing. Recently i developed one program using
    the in-built server in the XML-RPC package. When i start my server, it is     giving me
the error...

[gypse@santosh src]$ telnet 0 8080
Trying     0.0.0.0...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection     refused

When i try to run my client program it is giving the     follwoing error...

Avoiding obscuring previous error by supressing     error encountered while ending request:
    org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException: Exception closing     URLConnection
Connection refused

==============

My Server     Code is :

            System.out.println("Attempting to start XML-RPC Server :     ");
        WebServer server = new     WebServer(args);
            System.out.println("Server started     successfully");

            server.addHandler("area", new     AreaHandler());
            System.out.println("Registered AreaHandler class to area     ");

        System.out.println("Now     accepting request. (Half program to stop.)");

============

My     Client code is     :

============

                XmlRpcClient client = new     XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:8080/");

                Vector params = new     Vector();
                params.addElement(new     Double(radius));

                Object result =     client.execute("area.circleArea",params);

                String resultStr =     result.toString();
                double area =     Double.parseDouble(resultStr);
                return area;

Can any body tell me, why i was getting the above     error...I didn't understand one thing,
why the in-built server in xml-rpc     packge is not opening the port connection.

Thanking you in     advance,

Murali.K

    Yahoo!     Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it   free.