ws-users mailing list archives

From konnipati murali <munnu_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Unable to shutdown the Server...
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:15:54 GMT
Hi Andreas,

            How can we know  our port is in timewait state. If it is timewait state, how much
time  it takes approximately, to shutdown the port.

  Thank you for ur instant reply,

  Murali.K

Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoelver@ebootis.de> wrote:Nachricht          Your   port
may be in timewait state (or sth like that). wait for some   minutes.

    -----Original Message-----
From: konnipati murali     [mailto:munnu_k_mm@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005     12:07 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Unable to     shutdown the Server...

Hi     Everybody,

          I am     trying to shutdown the XML-RPC Server using the built-in WebServer.shutdown()
    method. But after i exectued the class, When i try to see the status of the     port,
it is still showing port is open...

==========
My Code     is...
==========
            System.out.println("Creating Server Object     ");
        WebServer server = new     WebServer(port);

        System.out.println("Trying to     stop the server ");
            server.shutdown();
            System.out.println("Successfully Server was stoped ");

========
When     i telnet to 8080 port, it is showing the following     output...
========

            [gypse@santosh classes]$ telnet 0     8080
        Trying     0.0.0.0...
        Connected to 0     (0.0.0.0).
        Escape character is     '^]'.

Can any body tell me, how to shutdown the Server using the     code.

Thanking you in advance,

Murali.K
India.