ws-users mailing list archives

From Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoel...@ebootis.de>
Subject RE: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:24:12 GMT
Hi Murali

You crated the WebServer, but not started it!
server.start() should do the trick for you.

Andreas

	-----Original Message-----
	From: konnipati murali [mailto:munnu_k_mm@yahoo.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:19 AM
	To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
	Subject: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

	Hi Everybody,

	             I am new to this XML-RPC programing. Recently i developed one program using
the in-built server in the XML-RPC package. When i start my server, it is giving me the error...

	[gypse@santosh src]$ telnet 0 8080
	Trying 0.0.0.0...

	When i try to run my client program it is giving the follwoing error...

	Avoiding obscuring previous error by supressing error encountered while ending request: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientException:
Exception closing URLConnection
	Connection refused

	==============

	My Server Code is :

	        System.out.println("Attempting to start XML-RPC Server : ");
	        WebServer server = new WebServer(args);
	        System.out.println("Server started successfully");

	        server.addHandler("area", new AreaHandler());
	        System.out.println("Registered AreaHandler class to area ");

	        System.out.println("Now accepting request. (Half program to stop.)");

	============

	My Client code is :

	============

	            XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient("http://localhost:8080/");

	            Vector params = new Vector();
	            params.addElement(new Double(radius));

	            Object result = client.execute("area.circleArea",params);

	            String resultStr = result.toString();
	            double area = Double.parseDouble(resultStr);
	            return area;

	Can any body tell me, why i was getting the above error...I didn't understand one thing,
why the in-built server in xml-rpc packge is not opening the port connection.

	Thanking you in advance,

	Murali.K

  _____

	Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>