ws-users mailing list archives

From "VILAND Guillaume RD-BIZZ-SOP" <guillaume.vil...@francetelecom.com>
Subject RE: Sending data in an XML format using a string type
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:53:14 GMT
I'm not sure to understand why sending XML string in payload is silly ? Could you explain ?
If you consider XML-RPC as a "transport for RPC" protocol, it sounds very sensible.
Regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tino Wildenhain [mailto:tino@wildenhain.de]
Envoyé : vendredi 9 décembre 2005 08:42
À : xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Objet : Re: Sending data in an XML format using a string type

Am Donnerstag, den 08.12.2005, 17:35 -0700 schrieb cejacklin@mmm.com:
> Hi,
>
> The project I'm working on requires that data be sent in an XML format
> from client to server and the server will return data in XML format to
> the client.  The server side of the project is using the xmlrpc-c-1.2 project.
> My prototype also used xmlrpc-c-1.2 on the client side and could pass
> the XML formatted data to the server using a string type with no problems.
> Then I started using the xmlrpc-2.0-applet.jar from the xmlrpc-2.0 project.
> When using the same XML formatted data and adding it with the function
> addStringArg it doesn't work.  If the < are changed to &lt; and the >
> are changed to &gt; everything works OK with the
> xmlrpc-2.0-applet.jar.  Does anyone know why these two projects work
> differently or a way to make them work the same way?

Well, this all can be done (provided the correct quoting) but sending XML as payload data
in XML sounds rather silly to me. Maybe the ajax aproach, where you send your queries as get
request (or even post) and get your answer as XML data in exactly the way you need it? Just
skipping the extra XMLRPC layer?