ws-users mailing list archives

From John Wilson <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unicode support
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 15:33:42 GMT

On 5 Jan 2006, at 15:22, Dennis Riedel wrote:

> Hello!
> I also got to this point about taking care of my encoding. I use
> xml-rpc2.0, but my server uses ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8. It is the
> "XmlRpcServer" Implementation. I register handler at this server
> with "addHandler()" and then, when an xml-rpc-request is recieved,
> give it the InputStream by using "execute()".
> I looked for this get/set methods for the Encoding, but could only
> find them in some kind of "Worker" class that I never instantiate
> personally.
>
> Is it possible to set the encoding when using the small
> "XmlRpcServer" ?
>
> Dennis

Are you actually experiencing an operational problem with this?

I have not run xml-rpc 2.0 but reading the code it appears that it
uses numeric character escapes for all Unicode characters with code
points > 127. This means that the encoding is effectively irrelevant.
All Unicode characters should be transmitted safely no matter what
encoding is used.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
http://www.wilson.co.uk