ws-users mailing list archives

From rjo...@dataarmor.net
Subject Re: HTTP Authentication with XML-RPC Client / usage?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:26:02 GMT
Using the way --- http:userid@password --- wont be cross platform I
suppose (its classified as a security flaw) All new browsers and XP with
SP2 has been patched NOT to allow usage this way.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834489

Please let me know if I am off track.

Volkar, John wrote:
>> Can someone give me a quick example of how I can use HTTP
>> authentication with the Apache XML-RPC client class?
>>

> Details not at hand right now, but can't you put the userid and password
> in the url string?
>
> I'm mangling it from memory but:
> http:userid@password//example.com/resource <This isn't the right syntax,
> but sort like it I think...
>
> Regards,
> John Volkar
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the