ws-users mailing list archives

From Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoel...@ebootis.de>
Subject RE: Please help
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 08:32:38 GMT
Hi Marko

You are new to JAVA, but most of all you seem to be new to XML-RPC, so it migth be a good
idea to examine some small examples.
Just try the alternatives you mentioned to better understand the difference and how far
each of the ways to implement things better matches the requirements of your app.

Start by extending WebServer and using sync communication.

Extending a class means that there's less left to code for your app as lots of methods needed
are already there.
Communicating asynchronuously might be a little bit more confusing for
the beginner, but sometimes you may be required to use it.

Also take a look at http://www.xmlrpc.com/.

Andreas

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Marko Milicic [mailto:milicic.marko@gmail.com]
	Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:45 PM
	To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
	Subject: Please help

	Hi everybody,

	I'm moving from PHP programmer to java programmer. My very first project will be some web
service.

	Short description:
	Some desktop application (swing) will be feed by data, and provided with functionality of
some web service. I found Apache XMLRPC library ideal for this :)

	My question is Is there any good tutorial on how to write service using XMLRPC?

	I spent some time reading your official documentation but even now I'm not able to start
coding my application. I have number of dilemas like:

	- What is better to extend WebServer class or to embedd it in my application (service)

	- Sinch or Asinc communication?

	I'm sure it will be a real pleasure working with Apache XMLRPC just if there would be some
nice starter tutorial.

	Best regards
	Milicic Marko

	--
	This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail