ws-users mailing list archives

From Schölver, Andreas <Andreas.Schoel...@ebootis.de>
Subject RE: Logging to SystemErr not acceptable.
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:28:47 GMT
Hello Jennifer

Ok, I was just kiddin.

Simply throwing away error messages is no good idea in my opinion.

Exceptions typically point you to some unexpected (unwanted) behaviour
of your code you might want to fix or handle.

Output to System.err is not even what I would call regular logging,
I would only use this during development, not in a release.

A look at the code revealed that not only an output to System.err is
done, but also a new (XmlRpc)Exception is thrown which gives you
a chance to handle it properly.

I agree that the call of System.err.println should be removed from
XmlRpcClientWorker.execute.

Andreas