ws-users mailing list archives

From Brian Williams <br...@bw42.net>
Subject cookies and apache xml-rpc client
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:44:38 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 5.5.12 with a very simple web app that handles
xml-rpc requests from within a servlet.  I use the apache XmlRpcClient
class to make the request (try/catches removed):

url = new URL("http://localhost:8084/WebServer/Login");
xmlrpc = new XmlRpcClient (url);
XmlRpcRequest req = new XmlRpcRequest("Login.Login", params);
Integer result = (Integer) xmlrpc.execute (req);

In my servlet, I call request.getSession(), process the xml-rpc call,
then return the correct value.

When I make the request again, I expected the following code in my
servlet to get triggered before processing the xml-rpc call:

if(null==request.getSession(false))
    return;

But, it instead processes my Login again.  So, the cookie either isn't
being sent back to the XmlRpcClient, or the Client isn't sending it with
the next request. and I have a feeling its the latter.  What do I need
to do to get the XmlRpcClient to work with cookies?

Thanks
Brian