ws-users mailing list archives

From "Petersen, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Peter...@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: Logging to SystemErr not acceptable.
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:57:56 GMT

From: Michael Landon - IBN [mailto:mlandon@ibnads.com]
Sent: February 21, 2006 2:56 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logging to SystemErr not acceptable.

http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/5616

----- Original Message -----
From: "Petersen, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Petersen@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca>
To: <xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:57 AM

I can't. I do not have control over the environment.

I would argue that it is incorrect for library/infrastructure code to be
logging this way.
I need to control how/where/when errors and messages are reported. In this
case it is a critical app where logs are closely monitored. Even so, I can't
see this requirement being terribly unusual even for non-critical apps.

In any case I need to get rid of this. or not use the library :(
So is the approach to create my own patch?

thanks.

-
Jennifer