ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.0
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:47:48 GMT
On 2/24/06, Jimisola Laursen <lists@jimisola.com> wrote:

> How much work will it most likely be to migrate from 2.x to 3.0?

Obviously, that depends on your code. I know examples, where every
single XML-RPC call is manually coded into the source. In such cases,
the migration will be hard. If your calls are encapsulated, the work
should be very simple.

Additionally, refactoring might help. For example, I tend to using the
following trick:

- Remove the xmlrpc.jar from your project.
- Create dummy classes, which do nothing, but have the signature
  of the 2.x classes, until your project compiles.
- Refactor the dummy classes until they meet the signature of 3.0.
- Remove the dummy classes and add the new jar files to your project.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.