ws-users mailing list archives

From Richard Featherstone <richard.featherst...@transactgroup.net>
Subject No string type wrapping
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:42:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use xmlrpc to talk to a third party service.  While trying
to get check the xml sent over the wire I notice that where I expect

Any ideas why this is happening?  I'm using xmlrpc-2.0.jar and making
the call like below.

Any help much appreciated,

Richard Featherstone.

Map authentication = new Hashtable();
        authentication.put("username", new String("un"));
        authentication.put("password", "pw");
        authentication.put("remote-ip", "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx");

        String msisdn = "447732506449";

        Vector params = new Vector();
        params.addElement(authentication);
        params.addElement(msisdn);

        XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClientLite("http://localhost:8081");

        try {
            Object result = client.execute("SomeService.SomeMethod",
params);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <methodCall>
      <methodName>SomeService.SomeMethod</methodName>
      <params>
         <param>
            <value>
               <struct>