ws-users mailing list archives

From John Wilson <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Casting in a Java client a Python Server List
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:44:32 GMT

On 24 Mar 2006, at 10:20, David GarcĂ­a wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Python XML-RPC Server and a Java XML-RPC client, I'm using
> xmlrpc-3.0a1 version, and the client, once has made a request, must
> to receive a parameter that in the server is a Python List, but I
> don't know what kind of cast I must to do in the client.
>
> I've tried out with List, ArrayList, Vector, Hashmap, Map, Byte[],
> Object[]...but I always get the same error message in the client:
>
> "Unexpected non-whitespace character data"
>
> What kind of cast I must to do so that I can get the data in the
> client?

David,

As I said on the XML-RPC list, what you are seeing is due to a bug in
the Apache XML-RPC implementation. It has been reported to this list
before and a fix is in the Subversion repository.

If you retrieve the latest source from the Subversion repository and
build a new jar the problem should go away.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
web http://www.wilson.co.uk
blog http://eek.ook.org