ws-users mailing list archives

From "Bob Deanna" <bdea...@recursionsw.com>
Subject RE: Calling a server-side method asynchronously vs. synchronously
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:59:53 GMT

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Deanna [mailto:bdeanna@recursionsw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:31 PM
To: xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Calling a server-side method asynchronously vs. synchronously

All,

For xml-rpc v2.0....

Is the AsyncCallback object an additional argument to the server-side
remote xml-rpc method invoked?

Obviously the client calls executeAsync(...) instead of execute(...) and
must implement and pass an AsyncCallback object.
Does the server-side method being called need to be changed in any way,
if you change the client from calling it synchronously to
asynchronously?

Or is that handled by xml-rpc internally?

Thanks!
Bob