ws-users mailing list archives

From "Tristan King" <triss.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xmlrpc2 setting custom trust manager for SSL connections
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 06:29:32 GMT
On 5/29/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/29/06, Tristan King <triss.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can do it with a normal HttpsURLConnection using the class at the end
> of
> > this email, but i haven't been able to figure out how to do a similar
> thing
> > with the apache xmlrpc2. can anyone help me with this, or point me
> towards
> > some documentation which would help me?
>
> If you can do that with an HttpsURLConnection, why not use the Sun
> transport of XML-RPC2?

com.sun.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection is depreciated. I'm using
javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection. some of the functions used by the sun
transport are depreciated as well, so i would prefer to avoid them if
possible.
I might be able to modify these to use the javax classes tho.. i'll have to
play with that.

> note that i'm using version 2.0.1, cause i'm using java 1.4. Is version 3
> > available for java 1.4? when i tried to use it to said something bout
> being
> > the wrong version. maybe i'm doing something wrong?
>
> Version 3 should run with Java 1.2 and later. In particular, it should
> run with Java 1.4. If you receive a message like "wrong version" then
> something went wrong during creating the distribution.

I might have to play with this some more then. I simply included the jar
files downloaded from the web site and got this error on compile
    [javac] bad class file: /home/tristan/dart/lib/jar/xmlrpc-3.0a1.jar
(org/apache/xmlrpc/client/XmlRpcClient.class)
    [javac] class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

>From what i could tell from a quick google search this meant that the class
was compiled for java1.5

Jochen