ws-users mailing list archives

From "Tristan King" <triss.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xmlrpc2 setting custom trust manager for SSL connections
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 06:59:28 GMT
On 5/29/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/29/06, Tristan King <triss.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > com.sun.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection is depreciated. I'm
> > using javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection. some of the
> > functions used by the sun transport are depreciated as well, so i would
> > prefer to avoid them if possible.
> > I might be able to modify these to use the javax classes tho.. i'll have
> > play with that.
>
> I believe, you are confusing the SSL related stuff of XML-RPC and the
> sun transport.
>
> The sun transport depends solely on java.net. I see no reason for not
> using that?

maybe i am getting confused here. which class are you refering to? I'm
looking at org.apache.xmlrpc.secure.sunssl.SunSSLTransportFactory which
contains the following imports:
import com.sun.net.ssl.HostnameVerifier;
import com.sun.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection;
import com.sun.net.ssl.SSLContext;
import com.sun.net.ssl.X509TrustManager;