ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Headers
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 07:51:52 GMT
On 5/12/06, ben@killersite.com <ben@killersite.com> wrote:

> Does the latest version allow you to get and set HTTP headers yet?
>
> I have been struggling with keeping cookies on xml-rpc requests for quite a
> while.

No and yes.

There is no explicit support in the builtin classes. But you should
easily be able to derive
a subclass of some transport factory, which returns a subclass of the
associated transport.
And that can do anything you want, in particular set cookies.

Likewise for the server: Subclass the XmlRpcServlet and you might
easily do just the
same stuff. (However, note that I want to rework and clean up the
server side soon. At that
point you might see a little break, but nothing that shouldn't be
easily fixed and wouldn't be
detected by the compiler.)

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.