ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thread pool scalability in WebServer/XmlRpcServer
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:29:19 GMT
On 6/27/06, Sridhar Raman <sridhar.raman@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems that Webserver has a pool of threads that it uses to process each
> request. Additionally, it has one instance of XmlRpcServer that it delegates
> the processing of the request to. XmlRpcServer it self has a pool of threads
> of its own, and it uses a thread from that pool to process the delegated
> request. So for each request we end up using 2 threads – one from the
> WebServer pool and the other from the XmlRpcServer pool, even though
> optimally we can do it in one thread per request.

I think, your observation is right.

I suggest, you give version 3 a try. In it, the Webserver class does
still create threads. However, the worker thread is not created, by
default. Additionally, you'll inherit lots of other advantages, like
dynamic client proxies, and the like.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.