ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (XMLRPC-91) MinML does not handle XML encoding properly
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:39:53 GMT
Hi, Jochen,

please do not contact me privately for questions on XML-RPC. Always
use either of xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org (which I cc), or
xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org.

On 6/29/06, Jochen.Schwarze@cit.de <Jochen.Schwarze@cit.de> wrote:
> Jochen,
>
> thanks for responding to my issues.
>
> > Another workaround might be to ensure that the server doesn't use
> Non-ASCII characters by using the ASCII encoding when sending the
> documents.
>
> Well, I cannot influence the XML encoding that a client uses when sending
> requests to my server.
>
> > Given the fact that MinML is practically obsolete with version 3, ...
>
> When do you expect XML-RPC 3 to be released?

3.0b1 is out, 3.0rc1 hopefully within four, and 3.0final within eight weeks.

> One more question: I would like the server to interpret all date types in
> the GMT timezone.

In version 3 it is suggested to use Calendar objects, which are
equivalent to xs:dateTime. (Think of it as XML-RPC date objects plus
timezone.)

> What's the best way to do this on the server side in version 2? I only
> found something like
>
> System.setProperty(TypeFactory.class.getName(),
> CustomTypeFactory.class.getName());
>
> with
>
> public class CustomTypeFactory extends DefaultTypeFactory {
>     public CustomTypeFactory() {
>         super(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
>     }
> }
>
> but no public API.

Honestly, I do not know. If you've found a good solution, very well. I
am open for patches in the same direction than on the client (in which
case I'd check whether they are actually required :-).

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.