ws-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: client= new XmlRpcClient, and nothing happens!
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:32:50 GMT
Joe Kramer wrote:
> I was using 2.0, however stumbled on a problem, the result of
> result =xmlRpcClient.execute ("method", params);
> In case of error, returns exception. Not throws as it's supposed but
> returns as result.

This nonsense has been fixed in 3.0.

>   XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient();
>
> and at this line it hangs forever. No exception, no timeout.

The class XmlRpcClient has a default constructor. In other words, a
constructor which does absolutely nothing.

If it is as you say, then the problem is not related to Apache XML-RPC,
but to your environment. There's absolutely nothing, we could do wrong
at this place. It can only be the JRE's, the debuggers or whatever elses
fault.

Jochen