ws-users mailing list archives

From Jimisola Laursen <li...@jimisola.com>
Subject Re: Note: Dynamic proxy generation
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:45:07 GMT

Hi!

Checking out dynamic proxy and exception handling I came up with a question
or two...

If the method exposes XmlRpcException isn't the cause exception available?
I thought it would be available using getCause but it doesn't seem so.

E.g. causing  a division by zero exception (Java.lang.ArithmeticException: /
by zero) results in:

org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Failed to invoke method throwIO in class
org.apache.xmlrpc.demo.webserver.proxy.impls.ExceptionTesterImpl: / by zero
ava.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

It would be really useful if the client could somehow get the cause
exception (if it exists) is XmlRpcException is exposed and a
UndeclaredThrowableException isn't thrown.

Best regards,
Jimisola