ws-users mailing list archives

From punee...@tcs.com
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/ws/commons/serialize/DOMSerializer
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:15:57 GMT
Hi All,
I am a newbie for XML-RPC, please help I have a simple problem

I am using "xmlrpc-3.0b1"

I created the XML RPC server as suggested on the website for Calculator
example. I wrote the XML-RPC client code also which is attached below.
When I run the XML-RPC client i get the error
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/ws/commons/serialize/DOMSerializer"
I then tried searching for this class "DOMSerializer", realized that it is
part of ws-Commons but could not find any link to download this one.

Please help thanks in advance.

Regards,
Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

-----------------
import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import java.net.URL;
import java.util.Vector;

import org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient;
import org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientConfigImpl;

public class Puneet {

                Puneet pun = new Puneet();
                pun.getFromSfleX();
        }

        public Vector getFromSfleX() {
                XmlRpcClient server = null;

                String stURL;

                Vector fetchedVector = null;

                try {
                        XmlRpcClientConfigImpl configImpl = new
XmlRpcClientConfigImpl();
                        URL u = new
URL("http://localhost:8080/Calculator");
                        configImpl.setServerURL(u);
                        server = new XmlRpcClient();
                        server.setConfig(configImpl);

                        Vector XlistArgs = new Vector();
                        XlistArgs.addElement(new Integer(1));
                        XlistArgs.addElement(new Integer(2));
                        fetchedVector = (Vector) server.execute("Xlist",
XlistArgs);

                } catch (XmlRpcException xex) {
                        xex.printStackTrace();
                } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
                if (fetchedVector != null && fetchedVector.size() == 0) {
                        fetchedVector = null;
                }

                System.out.println(fetchedVector);
                return fetchedVector;