ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merge xmlrpc-dev and xmlrpc-user
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:11:18 GMT
Hi,

as the traffic on the xmlrpc-dev and xmlrpc-user lists is rather
moderate, I find it counterproductive to have different lists. In its
current state, the project would benefit more, of a single discussion
list, which users and developers share. Therefore, I propose the
following changes:

    1.) Introduce a new list, xmlrpc-auto@ws.apache.org. This list
will be initially
         populated with all current members of xmlrpc-dev.
    2.) Ensure that SVN commits and Jira issues are forwarded to xmlrpc-auto.
    3.) If step 2.) is done, merge the lists xmlrpc-user and
xmlrpc-dev to a single
         list xmlrpc-dev. In other words, move all xmlrpc-user members
to xmlrpc-dev.
         In order to keep current mail addresses valid, make
xmlrpc-user an alias
         for xmlrpc-dev.

Furthermore, I propose that all of this shall be done before the
release of XML-RPC 3. In other words, make sure that the published
XML-RPC 3 release reflects the new system.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.