ws-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Albertson" <DG...@nw.opp.psu.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge xmlrpc-dev and xmlrpc-user
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:23:58 GMT

Progress can not occur without the will to change that with which you
are currently comfortable.

>>> jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com 07/27/2006 4:11:18 AM >>>

Hi,

as the traffic on the xmlrpc-dev and xmlrpc-user lists is rather
moderate, I find it counterproductive to have different lists. In its
current state, the project would benefit more, of a single discussion
list, which users and developers share. Therefore, I propose the
following changes:

    1.) Introduce a new list, xmlrpc-auto@ws.apache.org. This list
will be initially
         populated with all current members of xmlrpc-dev.
    2.) Ensure that SVN commits and Jira issues are forwarded to
xmlrpc-auto.
    3.) If step 2.) is done, merge the lists xmlrpc-user and
xmlrpc-dev to a single
         list xmlrpc-dev. In other words, move all xmlrpc-user members
to xmlrpc-dev.
         In order to keep current mail addresses valid, make
xmlrpc-user an alias
         for xmlrpc-dev.

Furthermore, I propose that all of this shall be done before the
release of XML-RPC 3. In other words, make sure that the published
XML-RPC 3 release reflects the new system.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.