ws-users mailing list archives

From csergiu77 <csergi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xml-rpc server vs jee server
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:41:23 GMT

Thx Jochen.

Your answers helped me bu raised other.

I want to develop a client server app and i would like to try doing it with
xml -rpc.
(like this application is done ,but in python
http://www.tryton.org/demo.html )

Now the architecture i was thinking is client with eclipse rcp but i am more
interested in server side now.

SO:

1) the java xml-rpc provide a server class ? is enough to start that and i
do not have to care ablout number of users ?
"The XmlRpcServer can be embedded into a servlet container, or another HTTP
server (for example, the minimal web server, that comes with XML-RPC), but
it doesn't need to"

What do you recoomend here ?

2) after the server is possible to use for server side transcation spring ?
so then the transactional issues are resolved so i do not need a app server
?

3) i just don't get a simple class like webserver can resolve communication
prety much as a jee app server ? (something si missing from my judgement i
am sure) it just can;t be :)