ws-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance problems going from 2.0 to 3.0
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:16:44 GMT
Randall Bryant wrote:

> - We found that the threads weren't really being pooled because
>   XmlRpcServerWorker was not releasing threads in its execute method; so
>   we added a call to releaseWorker

That's something you should file as a bug report.

> Where do we even start to look for performance problems?  Were there
> any performance tests or analysis run between releases?

First of all, I'd recommend that you don't use the ServletWebserver, but
a real servlet engine. Second, how about creating a test suite that
allows to reproduce what you do? Finally, how about adding logging
statements to the servers code in order to analyze the output?

Jochen