ws-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML-RPC embedded in Jetty
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:39:15 GMT
Bellekens, P.A.E. wrote:

> Because Jetty is probably much better in handling intensive use than the
> Webserver available in xml-rpc.
>
> However, to do this I was considering extending the
> org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.Connection class.
>
> Jetty provides me with a raw http request and the Connection class
> handles it and returns the result.
>
> (I want a Servlet free environment.)

It's interesting to know that Jetty offers such things. However, where
do you see the advantages? IMO, the servlet API is a relatively thin
layer over the raw request, thus a possible performance gain won't be
too high.

> Is there a better way to let xml-rpc work within a jetty environment?
>
> Or would it be possible to add a empty constructor to the Connection class?

Do not use the Connection class, but create another subclass of
XmlRpcStreamServer.

Jochen