ws-users mailing list archives

From John Wilson <...@wilson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Change the client parser
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 09:51:24 GMT

On 20 May 2009, at 10:31, jamel wrote:

> Hi,
> How can I change the client parser of my xmlrpc project ??
> In fact, I use the xmlrpc version 3.1.1 as a client for a php server
> and I
> get the following exception :
> The processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not
> allowed.
>
> I think that this problem is caused by the php xmlrpc stream.

It's probably because the PHP server is putting white space before the
XML declaration at the start of the document.

Replacing the XML parser is not the solution.

You need to get the author of the PHP implementation to fix the code
so that the program emits well formed XML.

You and the PHP server's author might find this of use http://www.xml.com/axml/testaxml.htm

  . It's a copy of the XML spec annotated by Tim Bray one of the
originators of XML. I have found it immensely useful in the past.

John Wilson