ws-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Landon - IBN" <mlan...@ibnads.com>
Subject Re: xmlrpc unit tests do not pass
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:13:47 GMT
You should look into setting a read timeout on the transport.  We ran into 
all sorts of issues before we set one for ours.

Michael



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rodney Gomes" <rodneygomes@gmail.com>
To: <xmlrpc-user@ws.apache.org>; <xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:12 PM
Subject: xmlrpc unit tests do not pass



Hey,

First of all sorry for posting to both mailing lists but I don't know where
I'd get help fastest. So I've been using xmlrpc and now I ran into a bug 
where
concurrency seems to make some requests hang forever. So I decided to 
checkout
the latest trunk as well as the 3.0 branch of xmlrpc and build it on my
machine. Now when you build with maven "mvn install" it runs through some
tests and I notice that these tests as well are getting stuck. Here is the
location where it usually gets stuck:


"main" prio=1 tid=0x0805cc98 nid=0x42c3 runnable [0xbfa33000..0xbfa34e48]
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
        - locked <0xae021050> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:681)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:957)
        - locked <0xae010568> (a 
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.getInputStream(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:63)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:141)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:94)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:44)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:53)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:166)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:136)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.test.BaseTest.testLongResult(BaseTest.java:445)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.test.BaseTest.testLongResult(BaseTest.java:437)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
        at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
        at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
        at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
        at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:338)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:997)



The thing I keep noticing is that it can happen with any of the currently
available tranports, I've seen the same tests get stuck on Sun, Commons and
the Lite transport factories so I don't believe its related with that. My
current setup is

Linux 2.6.24-21-generic on i686
Java 1.5.0_16-b02

If there is anything else I can give please let me know. Hoping this is just
some weird setup bug...

Rodney. 


Mime
View raw message