ws-users mailing list archives

From "Bellekens, P.A.E." <P.A.E.Bellek...@TUE.nl>
Subject RE: HandlerMapping problem (3.0b1 to 3.0rc1)
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:19:46 GMT
Hi Jmisola,

Thanks for your reply!
But I must say that I still do not completely understand these
constructs.

If I instantiate my HandlerMapping as follows:

PropertyHandlerMapping dhm = new PropertyHandlerMapping();
dhm.addHandler("Box", XMLRpcMethodForwarder.class);
dhm.setRequestProcessorFactoryFactory(new
MyRequestProcessorFactoryFactory());

with the factory extension (just like described in the API):

public class MyRequestProcessorFactoryFactory extends
RequestSpecificProcessorFactoryFactory {

protected Object getRequestProcessor(Class pClass, XmlRpcRequest
pRequest) {
	Object result = null;
	System.out.println("test1");
	try {
		result = super.getRequestProcessor(pClass, pRequest);
		System.out.println(pClass+" - "+pRequest);
	} catch (XmlRpcException e) {
		// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		e.printStackTrace();
	}
	// Configure the object here
	//...
	return result;
}

What does this help me?
First of all when I compile this code and fire some client requests, the
printout "test1" is never shown while the API doc says:

"A new instance is created and initialized for any request"

And secondly, what can I configure here? The "getRequestProcessor"
method returns an object, not much you can do with that...

Can somebody maybe explain how I can feed the class with a parameter?

Greetz
p.