ws-users mailing list archives

From "Bellekens, P.A.E." <P.A.E.Bellek...@TUE.nl>
Subject XML-RPC embedded in Jetty
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:46:22 GMT
Hi all,

I am considering embedding the xml-rpc server in a Jetty environment.

Because Jetty is probably much better in handling intensive use than the
Webserver available in xml-rpc.

However, to do this I was considering extending the
org.apache.xmlrpc.webserver.Connection class.

Jetty provides me with a raw http request and the Connection class
handles it and returns the result.

(I want a Servlet free environment.)

But unfortunately the Connection class has only one constructor which
takes the following parameters:

Connection(WebServer pWebServer, XmlRpcStreamServer pServer, Socket
pSocket)

Since I do not have a socket (I have the inputstream myself). I cannot
extend this Connection class without causing exceptions.

Therefore:

Is there a better way to let xml-rpc work within a jetty environment?

Or would it be possible to add a empty constructor to the Connection
class?

Regards

p.