ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to call XML-rpc
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:25:47 GMT
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:06 AM, pankjajain15 <pankajjain15@gmail.com> wrote:

> Object[]
> HotelAvailability=(Object[])client.execute("bookings.getHotelAvailability",
> params);
> when i am calling this method getting following exception . What should i do
> ?
>

> org.apache.xmlrpc.common.XmlRpcExtensionException: Serializable objects
> aren't supported, if isEnabledForExtensions() == false

The client was inspecting your parameters (the "params") and compared
them against a list of known items. For example, if it finds integers
or strings, these are fine, because they are supported by the XML-RPC
specifications. So are arrays, lists, collections, and/or maps, if
their contents meet the same criteria.

However, your parameters seem to contain a different object, perhaps a
Java bean, which doesn't meet this criteria. The client could deal
with that, if you enable vendor specific extensions (by using
setEnabledForExtensions(true)). However, that will only work, if the
server accepts them as well.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)