ws-users mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xml-rpc server vs jee server
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:14:25 GMT
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM, csergiu77 <csergiu77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) is possible to do such comparsion ?

Why not? However, a fair comparison would cover much more topics than
your questions below.

> 2) havin a client server architecture i am able to call methods on a remote
> server with xml rpc ?

Yes.

> 3) what about transactions (concurency)?

Not so easily done. Basically, you could open a transaction on the
server side and keep it in some kind of session, which is connected to
the client. However, user controlled transactions are obviously
something that you get relatively cheap with JEE.

> 4) what about if number of users is quite big (does it handle)

You can bet that XML-RPC scales better.

Jochen

--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone.

    -- (Bjarne Stroustrup,
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#really-say-that
       My guess: Nokia E50)