ws-users mailing list archives

From Alexandre Beaupre <beaupr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Appending a Saml Token DOM to header with WSS4J
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 03:54:32 GMT

Hi All,

I have a question regarding wss4j 1.6.1.

I'm trying to use the
SAMLTokenUnsignedAction so that it will append a saml assertion DOM (retrieved from a STS)
in my security header.
The assertion is retrieved in my SAMLIssuer has an Element.  The assertion is complete and
already signed.

The problem is that instead of simply appending the Element in the security header, I notice
that wss4j
1) Unmarhsalled the Element as an XmlObject in the AssertionWrapper constructor,
2) "Re"marshalled the XmlObject to an Element in the toDom() method
3) Tries to sign the XmlObject (which always crash)

Why doesn't wss4j simply append the Element Assertion as it is in the security header ?  Is
there another way to do this ?

Thanks!
Alexandre Beaupré